We at Lindi Skin love highlighting others in this world who understand how important it is to treat the whole person. Much like our Beauty + Health initiatives, these folks at Your Ride is Here understand that - when you feel better...you heal better!
Monthly Archives: April 2012
As the weather warms up and the sun grows stronger, follow these simple tips to protect your skin:
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Do not burn.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Thyroid cancer molecular mechanisms linked stress and inflammation
Two-Time Cancer Survivor, Sean Swarner, To Run Boston Marathon After Scaling Seven Summits
Ovarian cancer is a stealth enemy, but you can outsmart it!
A UNC research team, led by Gary Johnson, PhD, has developed a test that can measure both the presence and activity of 60-70 percent of all kinases simultaneously, allowing investigators to see how cancers evade treatment with kinase inhibitors so that they can combine drugs to block resistance.
Our very own Lindy Snider, founder and CEO of Lindi Skin, is featured in this month's edition of Massage Magazine!
"This [astaxanthin - an antioxidant derived from algae] is a very stable ingredient that is 100 percent more potent than vitamins C and A. It has phenomenal anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties and is proven to protect against the sun and UVA rays."
Pick up a copy of Massage Magazine today to read more about the therapeutic botanicals found in Lindi Skin products.