OUR TAKE: SHAME ON YOU, "TRUTH IN SKINCARE"!!
SHEDDING LIGHT ON DAVID TOTURGUL’S UNETHICAL SKINCARE BLOG
Along with the medical community, we at Lindi Skin believe it is highly unethical for a doctor to anonymously review products without disclosing conflicts of interest. In our ongoing mission to serve the skincare needs of those undergoing cancer therapy we are alerting consumers of a dishonest skincare blog ironically called “Truth In Skincare” - anonymously authored by Dr. David Toturgul of Oakhurst, NJ.
David Toturgul, who actively sells his own skincare products, has published a factually incorrect and blatantly dishonest “review” of Lindi Skin alongside primarily negative “reviews” of other leading skincare products. Does Mr. Toturgul's marketing strategy include posting bogus “reviews” of his competitors? You be the judge.
Here are the facts explaining the unethical reality of Toturgul’s blog:
- David Toturgul of Oakhurst, NJ who studied in Grenada, West Indies identifies himself only as “Dr. David” throughout his “Truth In Skincare” blog.
- Toturgul operates Gym Spa in Oakhurst, NJ, where along with invasive, chemical treatments like Botox he markets his own branded line of “natural” skin care.
- Hidden amongst over 140 blog posts and primarily negative reviews of skincare, Toturgul lists only one obscure disclosure that he owns a private line of skin care products. The disclosure does not appear on the same page as his “reviews” as it should.
- Toturgul states “I have no financial or other interest in Lindi Skin.” We feel it is completely inaccurate and highly unethical for Toturgul, as a purveyor of skincare and a possible competitor to claim to have “no interest” while reviewing our products.
In his “review” of Lindi Skin, David wrongly claimed there is no “proof” of our efficacy, to which we provided him our Northwestern University Clinical Study that reported:
1) “Quality of Life improves with (Lindi Skin) use”
2) “Skin toxicity as manifested by dry skin, hand-foot skin reaction, and skin rash (dermatitis) were decreased with use of (Lindi Skin) within 4 weeks.”
Lindi Skin is widely recommended by doctors and nurses and is available in the finest cancer centers in the country. The Oncology Nursing Society recently published this white paper about Lindi Skin. We have thousands of positive patient reviews and testimonials, detailing how Lindi Skin has helped cancer patients literally feel comfortable in their own skin during treatment.
Ultimately, it pains us to know people may be suffering needlessly through the debilitating skin side effects of cancer treatments because of Toturgul’s actions. We encourage Mr. Toturgul to do the ethical thing and delete or amend the inaccuracies in his blog and we hope you will share your positive experience to dispel his dishonest blog. Feel free to send us your comments, or reach out to him directly via the contact information at the following website: www.gym-spa.com.
Thank you for your support of cancer patients worldwide,